Coming to an end of 2010, I bring you Singapore Red Cross Youth 2010 Events!
4th September - First Aid Competition
6, 13, 20-22, 27 November - Unit Instructor Programme 2010
27 Nov, 4, 10-13 December - Volunteer Instructor Programme 2010
4 Dec, 17-20 December - Red Cross Youth Challenge 2010
First, we will talk about First Aid Competition. I am sure you would know what it is all about as stated. All units from around Singapore come together to pit their First Aid skills against each other, time and also not to forget the correct procedure. This event is a MUST to watch and also to participate to see whether you have the skills and procedure right.
Next, UIP. Most of you would not have known what is this right? It is where cadets who have learnt the 3 core subjects - Footdrill, Outdoor Activities & Evacuation up till Gold Syllabus, learnt how to teach, do accreditations. Once passed out, you would be the 'Master' of that core in back in your unit.
Next, VIP. If you want to be like me, Amirah or Mei Qi, then join this. I guarantee you that you would have a lot of opportunities lined up for you which it is rarely given to the public. And most important which I love is to give back to the society by volunteering. Join and rest assured the journey would be enjoyable.
Lastly, RCYC. This event is about fun, bonding and laughter. Last year I joined and seriously, it was fun. Ask your seniors, Marziela, Aishah and Aziana. They had a blast even though their division was not the champion but the most important thing is that they had fun.
Seems interesting. So do approach me or any of the VIs and we will take note of your interest and try to accomodate to your interest.
Because to me, if you are not interested and I ask you to join, then you will learn nothing. So tell me what you are interested in or better still, all of you write your interest in a book and give it to me and I will try my very best to cater for all of you.
P.S. Please do it in a format which I can understand. If unsure, just ask me! I would be glad to help!
Cheers,
Khairul
